E-mail MeCharles P. Reed
Charlie joined the firm in 1998, after working at Wiggin and Dana, LLP one of Connecticut's premier law firms. His practice focuses on representing Parties in actions for personal injury, including claims of catastrophic orthopedic and neurologic injury, wrongful death and traumatic brain injury. He has also had extensive experience in medical malpractice claims and general commercial litigation. He has substantial trial experience in the Connecticut Superior Courts as well as in the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut. Charlie also serves as a neutral and has been asked by individuals, corporations, organizations and their counsel to arbitrate and mediate a variety of contested matters and pending litigation, including complex tort cases.
Charlie is active in the New Haven County Bar Association, currently serving that organization as its President, for 2010-2011, following his election. As an active member of the Bar Association, he has been the Chair of the Court Relations Committee and developed a pioneering program of continuing legal education for first year attorneys, known as the Nuts and Bolts series, which consists of 10 seminars on various aspects of law directed towards new practitioners.
Charlie graduated from Northwestern University, in 1986. He graduated from the University of Notre Dame Law School in 1990, having served as the Editor In Chief of the Journal of College and University Law. He was co-author of an article entitled Fox v. Board of Trustees of the State University of New York: University Regulation Faces the First Amendment, 15 JCUL 443 (1989).
Charlie has been featured in the following articles:
Marie P. Grady, "Partners In Law And In Life: Gay bar president reflects on shift in societal attitudes," Connecticut Law Tribune, Vol. 37, No. 34, p.5 (Aug. 29, 2011)
Charlie resides in Hamden, Connecticut with his husband, Glen Pierson.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Automobile, Motorcycle and Trucking Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Catastrophic Injury
- Dog Bites
- Connecticut, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2002
- U.S. Tax Court, 1994
- Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, Indiana
- J.D. - 1990
- Law Journal: Journal of College and University Law, Editor, 1989 - 1990
- Northwestern University
- B.A. - 1986
- Co-Author, Fox v. Board of Trustees of the State Univ. of N.Y.: University Regulation Faces the First Amendment, 15 Journal of College and University Law, 443, (1989)
- Glenwood Systems, LLC v. Med-Pro Ideal Solutions, Inc., et al., 2011 WL 4342707 (U.S Court of Appeals 2d Cir. 2011)
- Miller v. United Technologies Corp., 233 Conn. 732, 660 A.2d 810 (1995)
- Gray v. Hospital of St. Raphael, 36 Conn.App. 956, 651 A.2d 758 (1995)
- Noyes v. Johnson Controls, Judicial District of Middlesex at Middletown, Docket # MMY-CV-40-0104266 S (2006)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Haven County Bar Association, President, 2010-2011