E-mail MeJames E. Ringold
Jim joined the firm as an associate in 2013. He graduated in the top ten of his class from the University of Connecticut School of Law in 2013, where he was the Assistant Managing Editor of the nation's leading insurance law journal, the Connecticut Insurance Law Journal. While in law school, Jim earned three CALI Awards for excellence for earning the highest grade in "Legal Profession", "Principles of Insurance", and "Media & the Law". He also completed the Energy & Environmental Law certificate program. Jim received his B.A., magna cum laude, in Political Science from the University of Connecticut in 2010.
Jim is a litigator whose practice focuses on personal injury, motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death, catastrophic injury, and premises liability cases pending in Connecticut's state and federal courts.
Jim spent two years working for the Inmates' Legal Assistance Program in Hartford while in law school. He also interned with U.S. District Court Judge Vanessa Bryant for a summer and spent a semester working for the Connecticut Fund for the Environment as part of a class. Prior to law school, he spent a summer working for the Connecticut Office of Policy & Management Criminal Justice Statistical Analysis Center.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Catastrophic Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Dog Bites
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Defense
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall
- Wrongful Death
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Connecticut, 2013
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2014
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: Graduated with High Honors
- Law Journal: Connecticut Insurance Law Journal, Assistant Managing Editor
- University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut
- B.A., magna cum laude - 2010
- Honors Thesis: "Executive Power and the People: Does the President Care What You Think?"
- Major: Political Science